Administration & finance
The Administration & Finance Department's focus is to provide accurate financial information, as well as provide financial and operational transparency and accountability. These obligations are met by working as a team in an effective and efficient manner that allows us to reach peak performance and meet the needs of our band members and related agencies.
- Unqualified audit.
- Simplified audit documents to be more readable for the membership.
- Finance staff went for ACCPAC training which will result in less manual accounting, improve overall efficiency, and allow us to monitor cash flow more effectively.
- Updated our accounting software resulting in a more streamlined computer system.
- Hired two employees to round out our finance team in order to ensure that we are able to keep up with the demands of each department.
- Introduced new finance procedures to ensure the accountability of staff, as well as to improve the transparency of financial transactions.
- Provided some training to staff with regards to managing their programs and budgets.
- Continued to work on various projects for community development (IE. Fire Hall, RCMP Detachment, and the new Health Centre).
- More staff training is required in order to ensure that all staff are able to manage their programs and budgets with continued support from the finance department.
- Funding for internal control policy review has been approved for the 2016-2017 fiscal year, which will be completed by PriceWaterhouseCoopers LLP. The result from this review, as well as from our annual audit, will help to provide updates to our Financial Management Act.
- Funding has been approved for an update to our purchase order system. This will result in electronic purchase orders being issued directly from our accounting software, which will improve the overall accuracy of our internal financial statements.
- Utilizing existing payroll software more efficiently and effectively, as well as introducing more technologically advanced methods of monitoring attendance.
- Continue to work on various projects for community development (IE. Health Centre, Water Treatment Plant, RCMP Detachment, and potential improvements to the school).