The Ahtahkakoop RCMP are looking to hire 6 qualified Guards/Matrons through the Core Commissionaires. The RCMP conducts the employment hiring and security screening in this process.
Monitor all prisoners to ensure their security and well-being. Observe and physically check prisoners frequently. Organize meals, record activity and maintain a prisoner activity logbook. Ensure all personal effects that are removed from prisoners are properly secured. Perform other duties particular to that detachment as outlined by the Detachment Commander.
Demonstrate ability to read and write in English. Meet visual standards for the RCMP. Meet auditory standards of the RCMP (hearing aids are not permitted). Able to use both hands. Occasionally required to manipulate/lift 20 kg. Be able to bend at the waist and possess a valid first aid and CPR certificate.
Qualified Applicants Must:
- Be reliable, mature, professional, and flexible.
- Adhere to all RCMP cellblock policy, procedures, and direction.
- Complete and pass the RCMP security clearance process.
- Acquire First Aid/CPR training prior to hiring.
- Willing and able to be called out to work at any time and to work day and night shifts as required.
- Job pays $18.00 per hour through the Core Commissionaire's.
If you can meet the above noted criteria and are interested, please contact Sgt. Kent Ashworth at (306) 747-2606 for more information.