Type: TEMPORARY FULL TIME
Summary: Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation is seeking an enthusiastic individual who will be responsible for overseeing the development of the Community Development Pilot Project. This position requires a broad skillset and the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation departments, the broader community and partners as we enhance and implement our Comprehensive Community Plan. Our ideal candidate should also bring a genuine interest in learning more about community planning and a passion for improving our quality of life at Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· To learn about community planning and the specific tasks associated with the Community Development Pilot Project.
· Investigate and research relevant background information.
· Work alongside partners as well as other Community Navigators throughout the duration of the project.
· Lead various meetings within the community to introduce the Community Development Pilot Project.
· Maintain positive working relationships with internal and external personnel and/or organizations/agencies.
· Work with other departments to address the priorities that are identified in the community plan.
· Prepare basic information concerning the community plan process and act as a resource person for departments, members and council on the community plan process, procedures and protocols.
· Coordinate local data collection and transfer from Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation departments and other partners.
· Develop memos, progress reports, briefing notes and general planning documents.
· To coordinate the review of draft reporting documents and presentation materials.
Qualification, Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team player to effectively interact with other departments and staff, elected officials, members, service providers and local government agencies and officials.
· Access to computer and email.
· Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to conduct research.
· Exceptional organization and time-management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
· Highly motivated and ability to work in demanding and fast paced work environment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Dec 3, 2018
Submit to: Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation #104
Attention: Sharon Ahenakew
P.O. Box 220 Shell Lake, SK. S0J 2G0
Ph: (306) 468-2326 Fax: (306) 468-2344
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation reserves the right to cancel employment competition *posted-Nov19/18