The Ahtahkakoop Child & Family Services in partnership with the Ahtahkakoop Health Centre is seeking 2 Youth Workers, under the supervision of the ACFS Prevention Worker. The Youth Workers will provide a holisitic approach to the wellness of the youth of the community based on culture and tradition, with the guidance and involvement of Elders. Must be willing to work after hours and weekends. The successful candidates will be required to work as team members of a multidisciplinary team assigned to the implementation of an integrated approach in supporting youth with community based programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Will be required to provide a criminal record check and sign an Oath of Confidentiality.
- Must submit to a Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Must provide a valid driver's license and acceptable Driver's Abstract.
- Knowledge of the Cree culture and language would be an asset.
- Be excellent role-model that lives a health lifestyle (drug and alcohol free).
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to supervise and work with youth in the community.
- Must have ability to work in conjunction with the community programs and services.
- Will be required to make referrals.
- Ability to develop activities and programs for the youth.
- Will be required to develop and implement a program based on youth needs.
- Must possess the ability to take direction and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to develop age appropriate activities for Youth in the community that will promote health and wellness.
- Willing to work flexible hours.
- Various other duties as assigned.
Starting wage: $15.00 per hour plus benefits
Please submit a copy of the following:
Resume, Driver's License, CPIC, Child Abuse Check and 3 Referrences to:
Ahtahkakoop Child & Family Services Inc.
PO Box 10
Mont Nebo, Saskatchewan S0J 1X0
Phone: (306) 468 2520
Fax: (306) 468 2524
Deadline Date: Extended to February 28, 2018
Interviews: March 2, 2018
Start Date: March 5, 2018