Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation is seeking an enthusiastic individual to ensure the DAYCARE PROGRAM provides a safe, stimulating environment for young children. He/She will conduct individual and group activities to encourage learning and develop social interaction skills. Maintains appropriate records of attendance and activities for the children and supervises daycare staff. The Childcare worker will function under the supervision of the Education Coordinator.
Position: DAYCARE COORDINATOR
Type: FULL TIME SALARIED POSITION
Salary: Depending on qualifications and experience
- Level 2 should possess a Certification in Early Childhood Development Program (ECIP) OR Daycare complimented by valid certification in First Aid and Infant and Child CPR.
- He/she should also have at least three (3) years’ experience in childcare. Alternately the individual designated as level one (1) should possess a grade 12 education complimented by at least three (3) years’ experience in childcare.
- He/she should also be working towards valid certification in (ECIP) and First Aid and Infant and Child CPR.
- The Daycare Coordinator will be required to pass a police security check and Child abuse record check.
- The ability to speak/understand Cree is an asset.
Closing Date for applications: June 13, 2018
To apply send a cover letter stating your interest in the position, your resume, and 3 professional references to:
Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation #104
Human Resources Department
c/o: Sharon Ahenakew
Shell Lake, SK. S0J 2G0
Fax# : (306)468-2344
Please mark envelope (Personal & Confidential) We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Ahtahkakoop reserves the right to cancel employment competition. Posted May 30, 2018.