Position: MANAGER OF HEALTH SERVICES
Type: PERMANENT FULL TIME – Six (6) month probationary period.
Salary: Depending on qualifications and experience.
Summary: The Manager of Health Services is responsible for overall health management, including development and enforcement of policies, standards and procedures, program and service development and review, personnel and fiscal management and public relations. He/She ensures that the mandate of health is carried out in accordance with the integrated Health Services agreement.
Reports to the Band Administrator
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· To manage the Health Centre; Plan, Lead, Organize and Control the Health Centre including its staff, operations and finances.
· To develop, implement, deliver and monitor Health Care Projects and Programs to serve the community.
· To provide administrative management to the Health Department; Manage finances including revenues, budgets and variance; control assets.
· To lead and manage the Health Care Staff; including hiring, training and development, performance management (evaluations, discipline, recognition, promotions, terminations, etc.)
· To provide leadership and outreach on Health and Wellness to the community at large.
· To work with the Health Committee, Administration, Chief and Council, promote traditional and contemporary healthcare in the community.
· To work cooperatively with regional, provincial and national agencies to ensure improvements are made to the Health Care System.
Qualification, Skills, Knowledge and Experience
As the ideal candidate, you will have strong post-secondary academic credentials that may include a degree in Health Related Field, Finance or Management, as well as at least five years senior management expertise, ideally gained in band management or in a Tribal Council role. You have knowledge of Health Canada and/or Aboriginal Affairs Northern Development (AANDC) policies and procedures and other relevant legislation. Understanding of First Nations history and culture is essential. You excel at managing finances, dealing with people and change, and have a proven track record of demonstrating your capabilities as a senior executive. You are a team player, a strategic thinker with excellent communication and human resources skills coupled with sound judgment. You have demonstrated ability and experience in upholding the organizational values of Professionalism, Respect, Health, Effective Communication, Trust, and Support. You are recognized for your positive corporate contributions and being a catalyst for positive change within organizations you have worked with in the past.
Please provide 3 references with your application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 25, 2018
Submit to: Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation #104
Attention: Sharon Ahenakew
* Please mark “Personal and Confidential”
P.O. Box 220 Shell Lake, SK. S0J 2G0
Phone: (306) 468-2326 Fax: (306) 468-2344
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation reserves the right to cancel employment competition