The Ahtahkakoop Health Centre is currently seeking a Community Health Representative
Full time 6 month probation period.
Works under the Supervision of the Nurse Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Community Health Representative will ensure the CHR program improves the health and well-being of Ahtahkakoop community members through a holistic approach. The Community Health Representative will promote healthy lifestyles and healthy choices. The Community Health Representative assesses, plans, provides and evaluates preventative, curative and rehabilitative care for community members in a wide variety of settings including the community and home-based services.
QUALIFICATIONS: For purposes of determining an employees’ salary classification to the proposed Ahtahkakoop salary grid,the individual designated as Level 2.0 must hold a certificate from an accredited post-secondary institution specialized in Community Health. Alternatively, the individual designated as Level 1.0 should possess a Grade 12 education or equivalent complimented by required training as a Community Health Worker at the First Nations level.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To serve as a liaison between Membership and health services available to community Members.
2. To conduct home visits and address the health needs of the community.
3. To assist community Members in identifying health care needs.
4. To provide health information, instruction and guidance in safe health practices.
5. To assist in the proper utilization of health care services available within the community and elsewhere.
6. To ensure various health-related concerns are made known to the community (i.e. environmental issues such as garbage, water, mold, etc.)
7. To make arrangements for transportation for baby clinics.
8. To make arrangements for immunization of school age and pre-school children.
9. To encourage and promote Community Wellness programs for community members of all ages.
10. Deal with the membership in a cordial manner and respect the confidentiality of information and records in the office.
11. In performing their assigned tasks, the Community Health Representative will be required to travel from time to time.
12. To perform their duties in accordance to the directives of the Ahtahkakoop Personnel Management Act as ratified by Chief and Council.
Valid CLASS 5 driver’s license and approval for Ahtahkakoop Band Vehicles
An understanding and knowledge of First Nations culture, traditions, and history and the ability to speak Cree is considered a valuable asset.
satisfactory Criminal Records Search and Vulnerable sector check;
Deadline date May 3, 2019
Interviews to be determined
Start date immediately
Salary: As Per Ahtahkakoop Cree Nations Salary Grid
Resumes can be dropped off at Ahtahkakoop Health Centre, with Leigh-Anne Isbister or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Please mark envelope “Personal and Confidential”