The Ahtahkakoop Health Centre is currently seeking a FULL TIME position for Transportation Clerk.
Full time based on funding - 6 month probation period.
Works under the Supervision of the Medical Transportation Coordinator.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Assist the Medical Transportation Coordinator to direct and coordinate medical transportation services for clients and patients that require transport to a medical facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Answers all incoming calls in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
2. To provide required taxi and medical transportation services to the nearest destination for medical appointments (i.e. dental, optometry, GP, ultrasound, etc) for on reserve First Nation residents, regardless of their Band affiliation.
3. To confirm and notify Band members of their scheduled doctor/specialist appointment.
4. When requested provide transportation and/or meals and accommodations when requested and approved by NIHB.
5. To screen private mileage requests and to ensure each are in compliance to current MSB policy and rates.
6. To ensure that taxis (three) have their trips arranged and confirmed daily.
7. Deal with the membership and staff in a cordial manner and respect the confidentiality of information and records in the office.
8. From time to time, the Transportation Clerk may be required to cover Medical Taxi Driver duties.
Valid CLASS 5 driver’s license and approval for Ahtahkakoop Band Vehicles.
Excellent computer skills including ability to utilize Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint), Email, and Internet.
Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate documentation and records: ability to manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
Demonstrated ability to deal with situations with discretion and confidentiality.
An understanding and knowledge of First Nations culture, traditions, and history and the ability to speak Cree is considered a valuable asset.
Salary based on Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation salary grid.
Deadline date June 26, 2019.
Interviews: To be announced
Start date: Immediately
Resumes can be dropped off at Ahtahkakoop Health Centre, with Leigh-Anne Isbister or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Please mark envelope “Personal and Confidential”