The Ahtahkakoop Health Centre is currently seeking a One year term position for
HOLISTIC WELLNESS WORKER
Full time 6 month probation period.
Works under the Supervision of the Holistic Health Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. coordinating and providing counselling, consultation, clinical assessments, therapy and follow-up for all clients in accordance with the agency’s mandate, policies and procedures in an holistic approach;
2. coordinating, providing counselling/case management to clients that are experiencing mental health issues; coordinating care with consulting psychiatry and local general practitioners;
3. administering required mental health and addiction assessments, providing pre-treatment services to clients requiring residential treatment providing counselling and healing to clients;
4. Completing certification in standardized assessment tools;
5. providing written reports, assessments and appropriate documentation in client files in keeping with the standards and procedures of Ahtahkakoop Health;
6. to coordinate and facilitate access to traditional healing and other cultural programming
7. attending and actively participating in team meetings and treatment conferences in order to facilitate integrated service delivery through consistently sharing information with the team regarding care management;.
For purposes of determining an employees’ salary classification to the proposed Ahtahkakoop salary grid, the individual designated as Level 2.0 must possess a diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution specialized in Addictions Counselling.
Alternatively, the individual designated as Level 1.0 should possess a Grade 12 education or equivalent with a willingness to pursue full accreditation in Addictions Counselling. He/She should also have acquired at least one (1) year experience in human services at the First Nations level.
Willing undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
Valid CLASS 5 driver’s license and approval for Ahtahkakoop Band Vehicles
Excellent computer skills including ability to utilize Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint), Email, and Internet.
Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate documentation and records: ability to manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines:
Demonstrated ability to deal with situations with discretion and confidentiality.
An understanding and knowledge of First Nations culture, traditions, and history and the ability to speak Cree is considered a valuable asset.
satisfactory Criminal Records Search and Vulnerable sector check;
Salary based on Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation salary grid
Deadline date August 9, 2019
Interviews To be determined
Start date immediately
Resumes can be dropped off at Ahtahkakoop Health Centre, with Leigh-Anne Isbister or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Please mark envelope “Personal and Confidential”