The Ahtahkakoop Health Centre is currently seeking
Holistic Wellness Worker – Youth Addiction Worker.
Full Time Position - 6 month probation period
Purpose of Position: Under the direction of the Holistic Wellness Manager, the Youth Addiction Worker will provide clinical assessments, planning, treatment and counselling to youth.
For purposes of determining an employees’ salary classification to the proposed Ahtahkakoop salary grid, the individual designated as Level 2.0 must possess a bachelor's degree in Addictions, Social work or Psychology or a combination of Education and training deemed applicable to the role such as diploma related to addictions, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, may be considered.
Individuals may require authorization under regulation to perform restricted psychosocial interventions For purposes of determining an employees’ salary classification to the proposed Ahtahkakoop salary grid, the individual designated as Level 1.0 must possess a diploma or degree from an accredited post-secondary institution specialized in Addictions Counselling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Coordinating and providing counselling, consultation, clinical assessments, therapy and follow-up for all clients in accordance with the agency’s mandate, policies and procedures in an holistic approach;
2) Coordinating, providing counselling/case management to clients that are experiencing mental health issues; coordinating care with consulting psychiatry and local general practitioners;
3) Administering required mental health and addiction assessments, providing pre-treatment services to clients requiring residential treatment providing counselling and healing to clients;
4) Completing certification in standardized assessment tools;
5) Providing written reports, assessments and appropriate documentation in client files in keeping with the standards and procedures of Ahtahkakoop Health;
6) Ensuring the necessary collaboration and case conferencing with Elders, school and
related agencies in the provision of services to clients in accordance with the Mental Health Act; ensuring necessary collaboration with community resources and advocacy occurs with or on behalf of clients;
7) Working with youth and community providing training in the area of mental health and addictions. Plans, prepares and delivers public education and health promotion sessions within the community.
8) To perform their duties in accordance to the directives of the Ahtahkakoop Personnel Management Act as ratified by Chief and Council.
9) Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Health.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
* satisfactory CPIC and Vulnerable Sector Check;
* willing undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol testing
*satisfactory Criminal Records Search;
*a valid Standard First Aid/CPR Certificate is required;
*ability to work flexible hours as determined by the Holistic Health Manager in relation to service requirements;
*must possess a Class “5” Driver’s License and must have access to a personal vehicle.
*the ability to speak the Cree language is an asset
Salary: Holistic Wellness Grid
Deadline date: August 9, 2019
Interviews: To be announced
Start date: Immediately
Resumes can be dropped off at Ahtahkakoop Health Centre, with Leigh-Anne Isbister or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Please mark envelope “Personal and Confidential”