The Ahtahkakoop Health Centre is currently seeking Home Health Aide
- 6 month probation period, 1 year FULL TIME term position – with possiblity of an extension.
REPORTS TO: Home Care Coordinator
PURPOSE: Under direct supervision, the Home Care Aide provides home management, personal care and respite to clients based on needs assessment. The goal is to promote client independent living. The individual will provide personal care and activities of daily living for clients/patients to encourage optimum level of functioning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The Home Care Aide contributes to the health team through sharing thoughts, ideas and knowledge that may improve the quality of client care.
2. To provide home management and personal care to clients according to assessed need. These include: menu planning; general household cleaning; ironing; bathing; changing bed linen; laundry; budgeting; meal preparation; shopping; keeping outside free from hazards.
3. To assist with meal planning, purchasing, preparing and serving meals, special diets, fluid intake and assisting clients to eat.
4. Submits reports to the Home Care Coordinator on time.
5. Demonstrated ability to coordinate, supervise and teach clients.
6. May provide liaison with clients, families of clients, or external facilities and agencies.
7. To promote client independence in a safe, comfortable and pleasant environment.
8. Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Home Care Coordinator.
Continuing Care Assistant Certificate.
Training and/or experience in the provision of Home Care and Long Term Care programs and services at the First Nations level.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
* satisfactory CPIC and Vulnerable Sector Check;
*satisfactory Criminal Records Search;
*a valid Standard First Aid/CPR Certificate is required;
*ability to work flexible hours as determined by the Holistic Health Manager in relation to service requirements;
*must possess a Class “5” Driver’s License and must have access to a personal vehicle.
*the ability to speak the Cree language is an asset
Salary: Ahtahkakoop Home Health Aide Salary Grid.
Deadline date: September 6, 2019
Interviews: To be announced
Start date: Immediately
Resumes can be dropped off at Ahtahkakoop Health Centre, with Leigh-Anne Isbister or emailed to email@example.com Please mark envelope “Personal and Confidential”