Ahtahkakoop First Nation is seeking an enthusiastic individual to assist Education Administration with the data entry of all programs at the Ahtahkakoop Education Department. This employee will function under the supervision of the Education Director.
Position: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Type: PERMANENT FULL TIME – Six (6) month probationary period.
Salary: Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
SUMMARY: Under direct supervision, The ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT provides a variety of secretarial and administrative support services related to the effective and efficient operation of the Ahtahkakoop Education Office. This position is primarily responsible for providing secretarial support service to the Director, other designated executive officers and the Education Board.
· Grade 12 Diploma, Adult 12, or GED 12
· Minimum 1 year of training in Office and/or Business Administration or related experience
· A post secondary diploma or certificate from a recognized institution in administration would be an asset
· A minimum of 3 years’ office or administrative assistant experience
· Knowledge of basic accounting practices
· Demonstrated knowledge in the operation of office equipment, such as the following: multi-line telephone, photocopier, fax, computer, printer, laminator
· Demonstrated knowledge of office methods and procedures used in maintaining an office
· Proficiency in the operation of computers, word processing applications and additional software comparable to those currently used in the school division
· Posses a current and valid Drivers License
· Minimum keyboarding speed of 50 wpm
Please provide 3 references with your application.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 30, 2019
Submit to: Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation #104
Attention: Human Resources c/o Sharon Ahenakew
P.O. Box 220
Shell Lake, SK. S0J 2G0 or
Ph: (306) 468-2326 Fax: (306) 468-2344
Please mark envelope “Personal and Confidential”
We sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Ahtahkakoop reserves the right to cancel employment competition.
Posted September 16 2019.