The Justice Team will focus on the effective, just and humane response to crime and it's causes by providing for the effective integration into the community of those in conflict of the law; provide services to those in contact with, or affected by the criminal justice system, and promote changes in the law and the administration of justice which will lead to more humane and effective treatment of our members. The justice program will also promote awareness of the problems and involvements in the delivery of management and justice-related program.s The Justice Team will promote and ensure that fair and humane treatment of it's incarcerated persons and will work to ensure that all forms of detention and imprisonment comply with legal and human rights standards.
- Continue to work with the Education Department and children in conflict with the law.
- Dealt with families in critical issues and developed a strategy to deal with individuals banished from the Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation.
- In-line with Ahtahkakoop's Strategy on Healing and Safety, the Justice Program will work closely with the RCMP to crack down on party houses and drug dealers with the aim to improve the security and safety of the Ahtahkakoop community (ongoing).
- Continue adult and youth madiation (ongoing).
- Work with RCMP to facilitate design and construction of the new RCMP Detachment (ongoing).
- Facilitate the development of bylaws for the Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation (ongoing).
- Conduct community engagement through consultation and dialogue to work together toward a mutual understanding of critical issues and solutions (ongoing).
- Justice will be working closely with Education to enable students to make healthy positive choices (ongoing).