The Public Works Team will facilitate it's mandate in the planning, construction, operation and maintenance of community facilities. The team is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all community owned facilities including building and grounds maintenance, cleaning and security services. Public Works is responsible for schools, dams, pipelines, water, sewer, roadways, signage and bridges.
- Secured funding for the Fire Suppression Program.
- Finalized the Operations and Maintenance Personnel Management Act.
- Ensured Human Resources compliance.
- Ensured Health and Safety standards are being adhered to.
- Secured funding for additional water truck.
- Purchase of a new fire truck and bush truck.
- Hiring of a Fire Chief.
- Completion of Fire Hall including water and sewer lines.
- Enhanced benefits for Public Works employees.
- Strict accountability for Public Works employees.
- Plan and lobby for and secure additional funds to sustain the new Fire Hall and Crew.
- Compile accurate statistics for regular review and monitoring by the Operations & Maintenance committee.
- Proper road maintenance before "freeze up".
- Proper clean up of Solid Waste Transfer Station.
- Renovation of Arena.
- Setup a voluntary fire department.
- Public Works will conduct business with enhanced operational transparency and financial accountability.
- Public Works will improve and enhance it's Human Resource Excellence by undertaking job evaluation, training and skills certification to ensure the deliver of quality workmanship.
- Public Works will improve efficiency in financial accountability and mangement processes.
- Public Works will implement Human Resource Excellent strategies in recruitment, retention and succession.
- Public Works will implement an asset inventory policy and processes including employee compliance requirements.
- Public Works will present an implementation plan and decision to Chief and Council for the Community Infrastructure Plan.
- Public Works will strive to work on preventative measures with anticipation of prevention (IE. flooding, fires, etc.).
- Public Works will ensure that service equipment is upgraded and repaired to ensure reliable and continuous service is provided to Band Members.
- Establish minimum standards for contracted employees.
- Proper operation of a Fire Chief and a voluntary fire department.