The Post-Secondary Student Support Program (PSSSP) will focus on increasing the access, participation and certification of it's students in all areas of continuous education. The Post-Secondary Team will continue to increase community-based learning initiatives. This will assist members in bridging learning to earning, in the trades, technology and university fields. A key focus will be to plan, collaborate, execute and measure strategies with the Education Team and other departments to instill a philosphy of continuous learning.
- Created a new filing system for easier use and for simplified reporting.
- Upgraded the PSSSP Data Collection from USB to Online.
- Created new, simplified application forms for funding.
- Ensured the PSSSP Student Handbook is streamlined with AANDC's guidelines.
- Develop a Social Media Policy to mediate concerns by community members (ongoing).
- Developed tools for students to be better prepared for university or college (ongoing).
- Make the funding application process more competitive by developing or adopting a rating system for applicants.
- Update the Student Manual to include community based programming for technical and university training (ongoing)
- Meet with PSSSP Students monthly for support services (ongoing).
- Upgrade computer systems and website.
- Develop a new budgeting system.
- Separate the PSSSP Student Handbook into two parts; technical and university.
- PSSSP will continue to track student activity using the PSSSP Database. This database links with and complements the information gathered by the Education Team and be further utilized to build a business case for growth and sustainability in Indigenous Post-Secondary funding (ongoing).
- Offer on-reserve programming (ongoing).
- Enforcing, communicating and stressing the importance of re-applying for funding based on the existing policy (ongoing).
- Introducing Careen Counselling to students at earlier grade levels (ongoing).
- Continue to provide information to Urban Band Members on funding sources available in their region (ongoing).