Sports, recreation & youth
The business focus and key objectives in 2017-2018 will build capacity in volunteerism, coaching and officiating development. We will work with sport and community leaders and programs on athlete development to build a multi-sport, cultural and recreational agenda. New program development and activities will be sustainable and adequately resourced. Collaboration and participation in major, intra or inter-tribal events to celebrate sport, culture and the arts are fostered and encouraged. Program personnel will prioritize youth activities for pre and post classroom and weekend timelines.
- More on-reserve sporting events for youth.
- Increasing participation from youth who are not usually interested.
- Introduction of new sports (IE. Curling, Lacrosse, demonstration sports).
- Building partnerships.
- Develop and enhance athletics programs (IE. Badminton, Track and Field, etc.).
- Continue to build Community Capacity in volunteerism, coach certification and cultural legacy traditions (ongoing).
- Continue with partnerships and alliances to build a strong recreational and sport program (ongoing).
- Build a Sport Wellness Model that is stable and holistic by encouraging fair play, respect and healthy choices (ongoing).
- Work with the Tribal Council and Ahtahkakoop Education to further develop our Athletics Program (ongoing).
- Working with all Youth regardless of their interests.
- Continue to offer a wide variety of programming to increase participation by Youth and parents (ongoing).
- Continue to assist with registration fees for Band Members (ongoing).