The business focus and key objectives in 2019-2020 will build capacity in volunteerism, coaching and officiating development. We will work with sport and community leaders and programs on athlete development to build a multi-sport, cultural, and recreational agenda. New program development and activities will be sustainable and adequately resourced. Collaboration and participation in major, intra or intertribal events to celebrate sport, culture and the arts are fostered and encouraged. Program personnel will prioritize youth activities for pre and post classroom and weekend timelines.
- More on-reserve sporting events for youth.
- Increasing participation from youth who are not usually interested.
- Introduction of new sports (IE. Curling, Lacrosse, demonstration sports).
- Building partnerships.
- Develop and enhance athletics programs (IE. Badminton, Track and Field, etc.).
- Continue to build Community Capacity in volunteerism, coach certification and cultural legacy traditions (ongoing).
- Continue with partnerships and alliances to build a strong recreational and sport program (ongoing).
- Build a Sport Wellness Model that is stable and holistic by encouraging fair play, respect and healthy choices (ongoing).
- Work with the Tribal Council and Ahtahkakoop Education to further develop our Athletics Program (ongoing).
- Working with all Youth regardless of their interests.
- Continue to offer a wide variety of programming to increase participation by Youth and parents (ongoing).
- Continue to assist with registration fees for Band Members (ongoing).