The Administration and Finance Department’s focus is to provide accurate financial information, as well as provide financial and operational transparency and accountability. These obligations are met by working as a team in an effective and efficient manner that allows us to reach peak performance and meet the needs of our band members and related agencies.
Administrative Assistant: Alison Ahenakew
Director of Human Resources: Sharon Ahenakew
HR/Payroll Clerk: Melanie Genereaux
Receptionist (Band Office): Verna Sasakamoose
Director of Finance: Conrad Bird
Accounts Payable Clerk - Vendors: Geraldine Pratt
Accounts Payable Clerk - Humans: Margaret Bowman
Accounting Clerk: Marillyn Battersby
Accounting Clerk: Lana Netmaker
General Ledger Clerk: Sheila Ahenakew
General Ledger Clerk: Rae Genereaux
General Ledger Clerk: Cherie Ahenakew
File Clerk: Rosieta Vandall
Assets Manager: Janine Ahenakew
Custodian: Chester Thomas
- Unqualified audit.
- Hired MeyersNorrisPenny to conduct a finance workshop for all department heads. This was held in October of 2018.
- Researched existing ACCPAC software that will allow for approval of invoices through email and the automatic input of the majority of the information from an invoice. Manual input will still be needed for part of the transaction, for example, coding will need to be entered by the accounts payable clerk.
- Researched attendance software that will involve employees clocking in and out with their fingerprint in order to decrease the manual workload of the receptionist and payroll employees.
- Prior Band Administrator prepared all of the preliminary information that was needed in order to enter into the 10 year grant agreement with Indigenous Services Canada and were approved for the grant for the 2019-2020 fiscal year.
- The RCMP station was completed and further work was done on the water treatment plant, roads and school addition projects.
- Continue to help department heads improve their knowledge in the area of finance so that they can better run and monitor their department budgets.
- Continue to research technology that may help improve the efficiency and accuracy of financial information.
- We’ve been approved through Professional & Institutional Development to purchase and implement the new attendance software that was researched last fiscal year. We’re in the process of determining the capabilities that we want from the software and will be implementing it as soon as we can.
- Request that Stonefield conduct a demo of the existing ACCPAC software for automatic approval and entry of invoices. Finance staff and department heads will be invited to attend this in order to determine if it suits our needs.
- Continue to review and update the social media policy, Personnel Management Act, Conflict of Interest Policy, Drug Testing Policy and Financial Management Act.
- Continue to work on various projects for community development (ie - water treatment plant, roads, school feasibility projects).
- Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation Strategic Plan (2022-2026)
- 10-Year Grant (sac-isc.gc.ca)
- Advanced Search - First Nations Gazette (fng.ca)
- First Nation Profiles (aadnc-aandc.gc.ca)
- Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation Financial Management Policies and Procedures (May, 2023)
- Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation Governance Policy (February, 2023)
- Ahtahkakoop Financial Administration Law (FAL, 2022)
- Annual Report & Audited Financial Statements (2021/2022)
- Annual Report & Audited Financial Statements (2020/2021)
- Board & Committee Listing (2020)
- Annual Report & Audited Financial Statements (2019/2020)
- Annual Report & Audited Financial Statements (2018/2019)
- Annual Report & Audited Financial Statements (2017/2018)
- Annual Report & Audited Financial Statements (2016/2017)
- Annual Report & Audited Financial Statements (2015/2016)
- Personnel Management Act (2015)